Woodapple Farms started as a 40 acre farm homestead in Floral City, Florida. In 2002 we got our first pair of Nubian dairy goats and soon found ourselves with extra goat’s milk. About the same time, we began to educate ourselves about the chemicals found in so many everyday hygiene products and their potentially harmful effects. We decided to use our goat’s milk to make healthy, natural soaps. Goat’s milk is high in proteins, amino acids, minerals, and vitamins A & D. It also has alpha hydroxyl acids which help remove old skin cells. All of these things add an amazing quality to the soap which really has to be experienced to be fully understood. In November 2007, we decided to share these wonderful soaps with others and went to our first open market with four kinds of hand-made goat’s milk soaps for sale. Since that humble beginning, we have expanded our line of natural products to include lip and skin balms, lotions, essential oil perfumes and soy candles. Although these other products do not contain goat’s milk, they are made with exceptional natural ingredients. In addition, we now offer many soap varieties scented with essential oils as well as unscented bars.
WHAT MAKES WOODAPPLE FARMS DIFFERENT?
- Soap is locally hand-made using cold process method – oils, liquid and alkali combined to form soap and glycerin
- Glycerin, which seals moisture in the skin stays in the bar in its natural state – most commercial bars extract the glycerin for use in lotions, conditioners and other products
- Quality natural ingredients – no artificial colors, fragrances or harmful chemicals
- Honest and clear labeling – no code terms like “sodium palmate” or “saponified oils”
- The milk used in our soaps comes from the naturally raised goats on our farm and is never diluted with water